Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let's bake cookies!
While my dinner was cooking, I whipped up a quick batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Why not? I almost made THESE...but didn't want to go to the deli downstairs to buy oreos. I'm definitely buying the double stuffed peanut butter oreos soon and putting them inside a chocolate chip cookie. For sure. I have about a million bags of chocolate chip taking up precious real estate in my limited cabinet space. I have made this recipe several times before and loved it, and honestly, what is not to love? Feel free to throw in walnuts or oats.
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350* F
2. Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add to the batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
4. Share and enjoy :)

Ready for the oven!
Pure Joy

No comments: