Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shrimp & Linguine over Spinach

Pasta is my favorite food. Hands down. After chocolate. And cheese. I could probably eat an entire box of pasta all by myself. Although that would also require an entire block of parmesan cheese.

And yes I buy pasta. And no haven't had the time or courage to try to make it myself. I'm working on it.

Tonight was quick and simple: whole wheat linguine tossed over garlic and olive oil with jumbo shrimp. And lots of fresh parmesan of course. In an effort to not eat an entire box of pasta, I filled the bottom of my bowl with lots of fresh spinach. I read about this nice little trick in a fitness magazine as a way to indulge in pasta with a healthy twist. However, I had my doubts. I don't love cooked spinach so I was pumped when the spinach stayed mostly fresh and crisp underneath the pasta. I'm a convert.

Guilt free pasta!

No comments: