Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Homemade Pizza

Tonight was beautiful for a long run. Lupe and I ran a new path, which actually turned out to be scenic and hilly and awesome. I only swallowed two bugs. That sucked.

I was craving pizza but it was already 9:00 by the time we finished running, so I didn't feel like waiting for homemade dough to rise. So I cheated and bought pre-baked thin crust whole wheat pizza crust from the grocery store. 

The pizza was topped with store bought tomato and basil marinara sauce,  fresh sliced mushrooms, green bell peppers, roma tomatoes and finished with reduce fat mozzarella cheese.  
ready for the oven
I let the pizza bake for about 15 minutes at 450*.

nice and crispy
This is a fairly healthy option for pizza. It was pretty delicious. However, next time I am definitely going the extra mile and making my own dough. Store bought just doesn't compare.

new purple plates :)
I am ushering in the nice weather with white wine :)




No comments: