Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Eat @ Eat Bar!

A bar called Eat? Yes please!
Eat? I don't mind if I do...
Eat is a gastropub in Arlington, Va that serves up small plates and microbrews and was the setting for Monday night date night. Usually, Lupe and I cook and relax at home, but tonight the temperature was nearly 85* at 7:00pm when I finished work, so we decided to take a walk and go out to eat.

As we arrived, the happy hour crowd was heading out and the restaurant was filling up. We sat at the bar and ordered a bottle merlot/cab mix from Lebanon. I always like to branch out and and was excited to try something new. It was nice and light and a little sweet. You can't get Lebanese wine from the deli downstairs (where the most expensive wine sells for about $17) so it was quite the treat.

After I looked at the menu forever, Lupe was starving. This is how is usually goes when we order food....I can never make up my mind, so I pick out a few things that I want, ask "half and half?" and then we share everything. For the most part, Lupe and I have the same taste in food so this works well.

For an appetizer, I chose risotto frito and Lupe opted for a baby cheeseburger. Yum and yum! Fried risotto is what heaven would taste like if it was rolled into a ball, lightly battered, fried to perfection and served with a side of garlic cream.
Fried risotto and a baby cheeseburger!
We decided on our entrees later. After seeing the baby cheeseburger (how cute is that?), I was craving the real thing and ordered an aged beef burger with cheddar and malt vinegar french fries.

I talked Lupe into ordering the fried chicken and waffles. I can safely say I have never had this dish and quite honestly the Ihop commercials advertising their chicken and waffles makes me want to run in the other direction. BUT I worked out at 5 am this morning, so who cares right? I don't remember the last time I had friend chicken, and that my friends, is a tragedy. I am looking up recipes as we speak. The fried chicken was so crispy, tender and juicy and topped with homemade gravy. The waffle was freshly baked and beautiful. It was served with maple syrup and spinach satueed with lemon. I love fresh spinach but can't stand cooked spinach...so basically we didn't eat any vegetables tonight.
SOOOO GOOD!

But that's okay, because this is what I had for lunch.
Lunch

Arugula with roasted squash, goat cheese, and walnuts served with fireroasted red pepper hummus and fresh baked pita slices. Yum :)

And for the rest of the night? Relaxing and watching Gone with the Wind! I LOVE this movie...all 6 hours! This is the first time I've ever watched a movie on TMC and I think they should play this on repeat at least for the rest of the week so I can seen the whole thing. Do they sell this movie on DVD? My mom has it on VHS and it is at least 4 tapes haha.

Good night all!

No comments: