Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waiting for my bread to bake...

As soon as I threw my bread in the oven, I started to think about dinner. I had eaten a light lunch and even resisted the cookies at an afternoon meeting and beautiful dulce de leches at a colleague's going away party.

Since I had pizza last night, I decided on a veggie loaded dinner tonight. I pierced a sweet potato several times with a fork and put it in the oven next to my bread. While the potato baked, I caramelized some red onion with a little olive oil and brown sugar. To the saute pan I added green beans, fresh garlic, and jumbo shrimp.

When the potato was ready I tossed everything together in a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette that I am obsessed with!
It tastes as good as it looks!
For dessert, homemade bread! Now off to sleep, tomorrow is supposed to be my day off but I'm going into the Bank for at least a few hours and then Carmine's to bartend. I plan on spending every penny I make shopping on Sunday, so I'm okay with it :)

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: