|Nothing Better than Fresh Veggies!|
-1lb whole wheat linguine
-1 tbs olive oil
-1 cup diced onion
-1/2 cup diced carrot
-6oz chopped cremini mushrooms
-3 cloves diced garlic
-1 lb ground turkey breast
-2 tbs fresh thyme
-1 14 1/2 oz can of Italian stewed tomatoes
-1/2 cup marinara sauce
-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
-1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling water.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the carrots and onions over medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the diced mushrooms, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Once all of the vegetables are tender and the onions are translucent, add in the garlic, thyme, and ground turkey and saute until the turkey is nicely browned.
5. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and marinara sauce. I used Newman's Own Vodka Sauce for a little extra creaminess. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is nice and thick. Add the evaporated milk and cook for an additional minute.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pasta pot. Add the sauce to the pasta and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Finish with fresh Parmesan and enjoy!