Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Favorite Tuna Melt!

I have always loved tuna sandwiches! Done well, they are my absolute favorite. I rarely order tuna salad at a restaurant or deli because usually the tuna is overpowered by heavy mayo. I have a lot of fresh veggies in my fridge, but was only cooking for one tonight, so I thought a tuna sandwich would be great.  There are a million great ways to make tuna, here is what I did tonight.
Mix together:
-1 can of tuna (packed in water)
-1/4 cup chopped white onion
-1/4 diced red bell pepper
-1/4 diced yellow bell pepper
-1tbs lite mayo
-1 tbs lite honey mustard

Add black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. After incorporating all of the ingredients, I put the tuna on a whole wheat bagel that I toasted in the broiler. I added some extra sharp cheddar cheese...that you know was good because I bought it at whole foods for $10 :) and put the sandwich back in the broiler to melt the cheese. I finished the tuna melt with some mesclun greens and a glass of shiraz. I will take the left over tuna salad for lunch tomorrow with some triscuits. Yum!


If you want another great Tuna Melt recipe, check out my friend Suzi's blog, Runner Foodie!

1 comment:

Suzi said...

Your tuna sandwich looks very tasty!! I like to play around with tuna recipes so next time I'll try adding these veggies in mine! Thanks for the shout out!!!! :)