Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lobster Macaroni and Cheese

Earlier this week, I had dinner at Founding Farmers before heading to the new West End Theater to see the movie Biutiful. The restaurant is located right across the street from my office in the IMF building. It is really well known in DC for serving fresh, local, and sustainable food. I've been there a few times and it has always been delicious! I had every intention of ordering some sort of salad or at least something healthier than Lobster Macaroni and Cheese...but the server started telling us about the menu and how GREAT the Lobster Mac & Cheese is. She had almost sold me when she mentioned that the dish has seven different types of cheese and fresh lobster but I was pushed over the edge when she mentioned that they make the pasta in house. This is entirely Kasia's fault because she had been telling me all week how good her homemade mac & cheese was that she had made the week before.

After I decided on an entree, Lupe and I picked out a bottle of Spanish Tempranillo and homemade cornbread with whipped honey-butter. It was amazing. Especially the honey-butter, yum!
Fresh Baked Cornbread
Whipped Honey Butter :)
Because we were in a little rush to get to the movie, I was happy that our entrees came out quickly after we finished the starter. The pasta was soooo good. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was definitely worth all of the calories (although I did go to the gym twice the next day...).


Sooo goood :)
Lupe had grilled steak with chimichurri sauce served with chicken enchiladas and roasted corn topped with cotija cheese. Cotija cheese is the mexican equivalent of parmesan, although I think it is a little more salty. His steak was cooked perfectly although the enchiladas were not as hot as they could have been. Overall, it was a great meal followed by a really good movie.

No comments: