Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad

The weather was beautiful tonight. It was still about 65* when I got home from work, so I laced up my shoes and went for a long run. Even though it is officially Spring, it is still pretty chilly here. Therefore, I'm boycotting any day that is below 60* and sticking with the treadmill. Tonight, however, was a different story. I ran my usual route for 7 miles at a 8.5min pace. I definitely pushed myself during the second half of the run, and finally by mile 6 I was starting to loosen up. Tonight my hamstrings were super tight. I swear somedays I can barely put one foot in front of the other for more than a mile...

For dinner I roasted a broccoli, red onion, sweet potatoes, and baby tomatoes in the oven with walnuts. I seasoned the veggies with salt, pepper and a little olive oil and baked them for about 15 minutes at 425*. After 10 minutes I sprinkled the mix with a little brown sugar to add a touch of sweetness and caramelization.
I added the veggies to some mixed greens and dinner was ready.
Healthy and Delicious
For once, I decided to be proactive and pack my lunch for tomorrow. I used the leftover roasted veggies and mixed them with 3/4 cup of instant brown rice, some super spicy chili garlic sauce and general tso's sauce stir fry sauce.
Lunch :)
I hope I remember to bring this to work tomorrow. I always forget my lunch in the fridge when I have something yummy to take.



1 comment:

Dreams of cakes said...

Delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.